ABL has recently been awarded the latest ISO 9001 quality standard by independent assessor, NQA – one of the UK’s leading quality assurance accreditation bodies.
Originally published in 1987, ISO 9001 underwent revisions in 1994, 2000 and again in 2008. The latest revision was published in September 2015 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), an agency composed of the national standards bodies of more than 160 countries.
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organisation. Specific sections of the standard contain information on topics such as:
- Requirements for a quality management system (QMS)
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective / preventive action